What Holidays Commemorative Dates Significant events are celebrated on January 5?
On January 5, Belarus celebrates the Day of Social Security Workers. In Spain, the Cavalcade of the Kings-Magi is celebrated, and in Serbia and Montenegro, Tutsindan or Tuchkin's Day is celebrated. On January 5, the United States celebrates National Bird Day.
According to the national calendar, this is Fedulov's day.
On this day:
in 1589 died Catherine de 'Medici, Queen of France and a famous poisoner, who was called Florentine
in 1762, Elizaveta Petrovna, daughter of Petrov, Empress of Russia, dies
in 1762 Peter III becomes the emperor of Russia
in 1769 the English inventor James Watt received a patent for the steam engine
in 1909, Fyodor Plevako died, a lawyer for whose speeches were lined up
in 1951, Andrei Platonov, author of the novel "The Foundation Pit", died
in 1957, the journal "Technics for Youth" began publication of the novel "Andromeda Nebula" by Ivan Efremov, glorifying the bright communist future
Vadim Shefner, a science fiction writer and poet, died in 2002
In 2014, Eusebio, a legendary Portuguese footballer from distant Mozambique, died.
A milestone date in the history of Russian science fiction.
On January 5, 1957, the first chapters of Ivan Efremov's novel "The Andromeda Nebula" were published in the next issue of the then popular magazine "Technics-Youth". Now this work will certainly seem to the modern reader extremely idealistic and a little naive. But then it was a real literary sensation. Moreover, not only on a national scale. It is no coincidence that "The Nebula" has been reprinted in many countries around the world. There is even a version that the name of the protagonist of Efremov's novel - Gift of the Wind - was later borrowed by George Lucas for the Star Wars character Darth Vader. At least the superficial similarity of the names seems obvious.
Such holidays are celebrated on January 5
- Day of Social Workers in Belarus
- Tucindan in Serbia and Montenegro
- Feast of Zervan-Karan in Zoroastrianism
- Birthday of the last of ten Guru Gobind Sinha among the Sikhs
5 January according to the folk calendar Fedulov day... Much attention was paid to domestic animals that day, showing special care - he gave enough food, put things in order in the barn, poultry house.
5 January there were such significant events
- Ptr III came to the Russian throne
- James Watt received a patent for a steam engine
- X-rays are open
- the fortress of Port Arthur surrendered in the Russo-Japanese War
- the German Workers' Party was founded, which a year later transformed into the National Socialist
- day of the beginning of construction of the bridge over the Golden Gate in San Francisco
- CMEA (Council for Mutual Economic Assistance) was created, uniting a number of Eastern European countries
- The first Soviet Antarctic expedition delivered to the shores of Antarctica
- in the journal Tekhnika Molodzhi began publication of the Andromeda Nebula by Ivan Efremov
- in Czechoslovakia, Alexander Dubcek came to power, marking the beginning of the Prague Spring
January 5 - Remembrance Day
- Catherine de Medici, queen of France
- Elizaveta Petrovna, Russian empress
- Alexey Orlov-Chesmensky, military and statesman
- ** Andrey Zablotsky-Desyatovsky, statesman, economist
- Ivan Gorbunov, actor and writer
- Fdor Plevako, famous lawyer and speaker
- Amy Johnson, the famous lady, the first woman to fly solo from England to Australia
- Andrey Platonov, writer
- Max Born, physicist, Nobel laureate
- Lev Oborin, the first Soviet musician to become the winner of the international competition of performers. Chopin in Warsaw
- Charles Mingus, an outstanding jazz musician
- Harold Clayton Urey, physicist and chemist, Nobel laureate
- Ando Momofuki, inventor of instant noodles
- Vadim Shefnerscience fiction writer
- Alexander Sizonenko, basketball player, tallest man in the world in 1990 and tallest basketball player in basketball history