Okroshka is a cold soup that our ancestors traditionally cooked in the summer. This dish still performs two important functions today - it saves from the heat and gives a feeling of satiety. Do you know what is needed for okroshka? If not, we recommend that you familiarize yourself with the content of the article.
History of the creation of dishes
The name of the cold soup comes from the old Russian word "krochevo". So our grandparents called everything that was crumbled into food, and then poured with kvass, whey or cucumber pickle. Some sources claim that okroshka was invented over 1000 years ago. Initially, it was eaten by peasants. They had to work in the field in the heat. And in order to cool down a little, and at the same time to refresh themselves, they ate okroshka. The range of products for her was meager. Today many of us ask the question: "What ingredients are needed for okroshka?" And the peasants did not have much choice. They made a refreshing soup from onions, radish and bread kvass.
Soon okroshka began to appear on the tables of the upper classes. The nobles liked the peasant soup. But they decided to add ingredients such as eggs, boiled meat and sour cream to it. Later, there were recipes involving the use of boneless fish.
What products are needed for okroshka
Do you want to please your kids and husband with a delicious, satisfying and at the same time refreshing dish? There is simply no better option than okroshka. She prepares in minutes. This dish can feed a large family. What is needed for okroshka? Now you will find out about it.
We go to the nearest vegetable market or supermarket. One of the main ingredients is meat. It is this that makes the dish satisfying. It is advisable to buy low-fat varieties, for example, veal or beef. Some housewives prefer a more economical option - boiled sausage. But a real delicacy will be okroshka, to which beef tongue has been added. If you want to make a light fish soup, then use cod, perch or stellate sturgeon.
Don't forget the greens. Without it, okroshka is not so tasty and aromatic. Dill, parsley, cilantro and green onions need to be finely chopped, put on the bottom of a saucepan and mash with a crush.
How to pour okroshka? Here you need to be guided by the taste preferences of all family members. Some people love bread kvass, others love whey. Potatoes and cucumbers can be chopped or grated.
What is needed for okroshka on kvass
More and more foreign tourists visit Russia every year. They want to know better not only our culture, but also our cuisine. In summer, okroshka is served in restaurants in Moscow and other large cities. Overseas guests are happy to order a cold soup that includes many ingredients. Siberian okroshka is especially popular. How to cook it at home? What is needed for okroshka on kvass? Take a notebook and write it down.
- eggs - 3 pieces;
- Xnumx g ham;
- wild garlic to taste;
- one potato
- green onions to taste;
- one fresh cucumber;
What do you need to make okroshka?
1. Boil the potatoes in their skins. When it cools down, we clean it.
2. Boil eggs hard-boiled. We cool, remove the shell.
3. Chop the cucumber, send it to a deep salad bowl.
4. Chop ramsons and green onions. Add to the cucumber.
5. Cut the potatoes into cubes. We put it in a salad bowl.
6. Chop the ham (preferably cubes). Eggs can be chopped with a knife or passed through an egg cutter. Add to other ingredients.
7. Greens should be chopped and sent to okroshka.
8. Mix the resulting salad thoroughly. Salt.
9. Put okroshka on deep plates. Fill with kvass. Mayonnaise or sour cream is used as a dressing. The dish is served with slices of black bread. We wish you all Bon appetit!
What is needed for okroshka with kefir
- 3 eggs;
- sour cream;
- 5-6 radishes;
- Xnumx boiled sausage;
- 3-4 potatoes;
- some table mustard;
- 3-4 cucumbers;
- green onions;
Cooking okroshka on kefir
Follow the instructions:
1. Boil the potatoes in their uniforms. When it cools down, cut into cubes.
2. Rub the cucumbers on a grater (it is possible with the skin). We do the same with radishes.
3. Cut the sausage into cubes.
4. Hard boil the eggs. Grind one yolk and three whites. And the rest of the yolks will be used to make the dressing.
5. Grind the chopped green onions with salt until the juice comes out.
6. Now you need to make the refueling. To do this, grind the yolks, sour cream, a little dill, salt, mustard and ground pepper. We dilute the resulting mixture with a small amount of kefir. We leave for 10-15 minutes. This dressing has two functions - a thickener and a flavoring agent.
7. In a cup or saucepan, combine ingredients such as eggs, sausage, cucumbers, potatoes and radishes. We mix it all up. Salt. Distribute the resulting salad on deep plates. Pour kefir into each of them. Sprinkle with chopped dill on top. Cold soup can be seasoned with mustard, sour cream or mayonnaise. As you like.
Okroshka on water with vinegar
Want to experiment a bit? We offer you an original recipe. Water with vinegar is used as a filling for okroshka. The dish is prepared very quickly, and its taste cannot be overestimated. Want to know what you need for okroshka on water with vinegar? We are ready to share information.
- Xnumx radish;
- 4 eggs;
- 60 g arugula;
- 400 ml of water;
- 1 tbsp. l sour cream;
- 4 Cucumber;
- 200 g pork kebab;
- 1 tbsp. l vinegar (9%);
Instructions for cooking okroshka in water with vinegar:
Step number 1. We wash the cucumbers. Dice or grate.
Step number 2. Let's start processing the radish. We rinse with tap water, remove the tails and rub on a grater.
Step number 3. The kebab must be cooked on the grill or in the oven. When the meat cools down, cut it into cubes.
Step number 4. Grind the arugula.
Step number 5. Boil eggs hard-boiled. Cool it down. Grind on a grater.
Step number 6. Put all these ingredients in a deep cup or saucepan. We mix. Salt.
Step 7. Now you need to make the refueling. We take 1,5 cups of cooled boiled water, 1 tbsp each. l sour cream and vinegar. Mix in a separate bowl. We fill the okroshka with the resulting mixture. It turns out very tasty and unusual.
Whey okroshka recipe
- 10 dill sprigs;
- 6 eggs;
- 1 L Serum;
- Xnumx boiled sausage;
- Xnumx radish;
- 5 potato;
- Xnumx g of cucumbers;
- 200 ml of sour cream;
1. Put on the table everything you need for okroshka. First, boil eggs and potatoes (separately). It will take a few minutes. When the eggs are cold, we peel them. The potatoes also need to be cooled, and then skinned from them.
2. Grind all vegetables (except radish) and sausage into cubes. The greens can be simply chopped.
3. Place these ingredients in a saucepan. We mix. Salt. Add sour cream. Mix again.
4. Before serving the dish, pour okroshka with whey. We distribute the soup among the plates. Sprinkle with chopped dill on top.
Mineral water okroshka recipe
- 1 bunch green onions;
- 2 eggs;
- one cucumber;
- 5-7 radishes;
- 2-3 liters of mineral water;
- lemon - 1 piece;
- 200-250 g sour cream;
- 100 g cooked beef;
- two potatoes;
- a bunch of dill;
1. We wash the dill and onion with water. Grind them, put them in a saucepan, mix with salt and lemon juice. We mix.
2. Boil the potatoes in their uniforms. Cool, then cut into cubes and send to onion and dill.
3. Eggs must be boiled hard. Grind the yolks and proteins, add to the pan.
4. Wash the cucumber and radish in running water. Rub on a coarse grater. We put it in okroshka.
5. Boil the meat until cooked. Cool and cut into strips or cubes. Add to the pan.
6. Pour 1 liter of mineral water into this dish. We put sour cream. We mix. Add the remaining water to the desired consistency. It remains only to distribute the okroshka on the plates and invite the household to the table. Bon Appetit!
Who said that you need to put only meat or sausage in okroshka? Nothing like this. Some modern hostesses prefer to cook fish okroshka.
- 1,5 l of kvass;
- 3 potatoes;
- 0,5 kg of fish;
- two eggs;
- a bunch of radishes;
- 1 tsp sugar;
- some green onions;
- 2-3 st. l sour cream;
- 2 Cucumber;
- 1 tsp table mustard;
1. Boil the fish. Then we clean it of bones, and cut the pulp into cubes.
2. Cool the potatoes boiled in their uniforms, peel them and chop them.
3. Wash cucumbers and radishes and cut them (preferably into cubes).
4. Eggs must be boiled hard. Next, we put them in cold water to cool down faster. We remove the shell. Cut the squirrels into cubes.
5. Put the following ingredients in a saucepan: radishes, potatoes, fish, egg whites, onions and cucumbers.
6. In a separate cup, grind the yolks with salt, sugar and mustard. We mix them and dilute with the specified amount of kvass.
7. Pour the seasoned kvass into a saucepan with chopped ingredients. Add sour cream. Sprinkle with chopped dill. Fish okroshka is ready to eat.
We talked about what is needed for okroshka. The recipes contained in the article are suitable for both novice housewives and experienced chefs. You can please your family with different types of okroshka. The components that make up the summer soup give a feeling of fullness, but at the same time do not harm the figure at all.