Tahini - what is it? The answer to this question, as well as the recipe for making this delicious pasta, you will learn from the article.
Tahini - what is it?
In oriental cuisine, sesame seed pasta is very popular. It is prepared from simple products and is suitable for a vegetarian menu. It also contains vegetable oil, and sometimes lemon juice or water is added. Tahini is a valuable product, a source of vitamin B1, minerals and fatty acids. That is why it is believed that eating sesame paste has a beneficial effect on hair growth, fights acne on the skin, and also has a positive effect on digestion. Now that we have answered the question "tahini - what is it", let's move on to the recipe for its preparation and tell you about the dishes prepared on its basis.
Tahini sesame paste
This addition to oriental dishes is not only very tasty, but also high in calories. Therefore, if you follow your figure, try to use it within reasonable limits. How to cook tahini? The recipe is simple:
- Take two cups of unroasted sesame seeds and fill it with clean water so that it completely covers it. Leave the product on for four hours.
- Drain and refrigerate the sesame seeds for another four hours.
- Then place the seeds in a thin layer on baking paper and place in the oven to dry at the lowest possible temperature.
- Transfer the prepared sesame seeds to a blender bowl and start chopping it at the lowest speed. Then go to medium speed and then to high speed.
- Gradually add two tablespoons of olive oil to the seeds.
When you get a homogeneous product as a result of mixing, it can be transferred to a glass container. Next, we will tell you which dishes use tahini sauce and share some interesting recipes with you.
This dish consists of a minimum of products, and the tahini dressing gives it a special taste. You can read the salad recipe below:
- Soak 100 grams of dry chickpeas in water overnight, then peel and boil until tender.
- While the chickpeas are cooking, do the dressing. Cooking tahini won't give you any trouble. To do this, grind 100 grams of sesame seeds with a blender and mix with two tablespoons of vegetable oil. Add the juice of half a lemon to the paste, garlic (one or two cloves) passed through a press, and salt and pepper to taste. Gradually add ice water to the tahini to dilute the sauce to the consistency you want. Transfer the finished product to a glass jar and store it in the refrigerator.
- Cut 100 grams of cherry tomatoes into slices, add boiled chickpeas to them, season with tahini sauce and lemon juice.
- Season the salad with salt and pepper to your liking.
The dish turns out to be quite satisfying, so you can use it not only as an appetizer, but also as a side dish for meat, poultry or fish.
This Turkish treat is very high in calories and delicious, so use it with care so as not to add extra inches at your waist. Read the dessert recipe here:
- Stir in one glass of tahini paste and one glass of sugar.
- Add one egg yolk, 200 grams of margarine, three and a half cups of flour and a bag of vanillin to them.
- Knead a soft dough, divide it into small pieces, form into balls, brush them with protein and roll in chopped nuts.
Bake the cookies until tender in a preheated oven.
Fish with tahini sauce
This time we offer you to cook salmon in oriental style. Read the recipe for a healthy and tasty fish here:
- Take a few salmon steaks, wash and pat dry.
- Prepare the spice mixture. To do this, combine two parts black peppercorns, one part coriander, one part cinnamon bark, one part clove, two parts cumin, 2 teaspoons cardamom boxes, one part nutmeg, and two parts paprika.
- Prepare earthenware baking dishes and brush each with vegetable oil.
- Rub the steaks with the fragrant mixture (one teaspoon each) and salt to taste.
- Place each bite in your clay dish and pour with a spoonful of olive oil.
- Chop half the onion and one clove of garlic and then fry in vegetable oil. At the very end, sprinkle them with cardamom (just a couple of pinches) and stir.
- Place two tablespoons of tahina, two tablespoons of lemon juice and some water in a saucepan. Stir the ingredients. Put the future sauce on fire, and when the liquid boils, then add fried onions with garlic to it. Boil the contents of the stewpan until thick sour cream.
- Remove the grains from the pomegranate, chop the cashews and chop the parsley leaves.
- When the salmon is cooked, remove it, pour over the sauce, and then place it back in the oven for ten minutes.
Place the fish on plates, garnish with nuts, pomegranate and herbs, then serve immediately.
Chocolate and tahini cake
This delicious dessert has a distinct taste and aroma of sesame halva. To make it, read the following recipe:
- Beat six proteins with 100 grams of sugar.
- Melt 200 grams of dark chocolate in a water bath, and then add 100 grams of butter to it. Once the mixture is smooth, remove from heat and add five yolks in turn.
- Add 35 grams of flour to the resulting mass and mix.
- At the very end, add the whipped egg whites to the dough.
- From the finished dough, bake three identical cakes in round tins.
- To make the cream, heat 300 grams of sesame paste and combine it with 150 grams of melted chocolate. Then whisk in 500 grams of cream and gently mix into a sweet mass.
- Place the first crust in a split pan and brush it with cream. Do the same with the rest of the blanks.
- Place the cake in the refrigerator and leave it there until it solidifies.
Carefully remove the finished dessert from the mold, cut and serve with hot tea or coffee.
We hope you enjoy the popular oriental tahini pasta. What it is, and how to prepare it, we told you in great detail and we will be glad if our recipes can make your menu more varied.