Potato grandma is an old Belarusian dish. There are many options for its preparation. However, all the ways to create this hearty dish agree on one thing: no exquisite ingredients are needed to prepare it. The easier the potato grandma is made, the tastier it turns out. The main thing is that it is covered with a crispy crust on top, and inside it is filled with delicate mashed potatoes. Cooking recipes will be outlined in this article.
Potato headstock. The classic recipe. Ingredients
The dish is prepared in different ways: with and without filling. How to cook potato grandma with minced meat and other fillers will be written below. Let's get acquainted with the list of products from which the classic Belarusian food is made.
- potatoes - 1 kilogram;
- lard or fatty pork - 300 grams;
- milk - 200 milliliters;
- onions - 3 pieces;
- pepper and salt to taste.
Potato headstock. The recipe is classic. Cooking method
- First of all, you need to cut the bacon into small cubes. Then you need to peel the potatoes and onions and cut them into quarters. Cut one onion into thin slices.
- Now the bacon needs to be fried in a pan. This should be done until the fat is melted out of it. Then add the onion to the bacon. It needs to be fried until golden brown.
- After that, the quarters of potatoes and onions must be chopped on a fine grater or in a food processor.
- Next, pour milk into the vegetable mixture, add fried bacon and onions and mix everything well. Then the dish must be seasoned with salt and pepper.
- After that, the potato mass should be placed in a baking dish. It is better to use a cast iron for this.
- Now the container needs to be covered with a lid and placed in an oven preheated to 180 degrees Celsius. The cooking time is 45 minutes. At the very end, the lid from the baking dish can be removed so that the potato grandma is covered with a golden crust on top.
In order to determine whether the food is ready or not, you need to slightly pry the vegetable mass with a fork and taste it. If the taste of raw potatoes is not felt, then the dish is ready. It should stand in a hot oven for another five to ten minutes, after which it can be served. Especially good is the potato grandma with herbs and sour cream.
Potato head with minced meat. Ingredients
Especially for lovers of baked potatoes with meat, this recipe for cooking will be presented. The composition of such a dish is more complex and includes the following products:
- minced meat - 400 grams;
- potatoes - 10 tubers;
- carrots (medium) - 2 pieces;
- onions (medium) - 2 pieces;
- chicken eggs - 2 pieces;
- vegetable oil - 50 grams;
- butter - 50 grams;
- pepper, salt and other spices - optional.
Potato grandma with minced meat. Cooking method
This delicious dish is easy to prepare. The main thing is to grind and mix all the ingredients well, and then bake them in the oven - and the potato grandma is ready. The recipe for its preparation involves the sequential execution of the following actions.
- First, the potato tubers need to be peeled and chopped on a fine grater.
- Then the peeled carrots must be grated on a coarse grater.
- After that, the onion should be chopped into small cubes. Fry half of the vegetable and add to the chopped potatoes.
- It is also necessary to put carrots and eggs there. After that, sprinkle the vegetable mass with pepper and salt, then carefully mix all the ingredients.
- Now add salt, pepper and the remaining onion to the minced meat.
- Next, you need to place the grandmother on a greased baking sheet. First, you need to put half of the potato mass on the sheet, and place the meat mass on top of it. After that, the layer of minced meat should be covered with the rest of the potatoes.
- Then the baking sheet must be placed in an oven preheated to 190 degrees Celsius. Cooking time is approximately one hour.
Now you know how to cook potato grandma with minced meat. This casserole will appeal to both adults and children.
Potato head with turkey. Ingredients
A dish made in this way turns out to be less fatty than with the addition of lard or minced meat. A very juicy potato grandma comes out with a turkey in the oven. The recipe for cooking involves the use of the following ingredients:
- potatoes - 1,5 kilograms;
- flour - 2-3 tablespoons;
- egg - 1 piece;
- salt to taste;
- turkey (fillet) - 350-500 grams;
- onions - 2 pieces (350 grams);
- pepper and salt to taste;
- oil (sunflower or olive) - 1 tablespoon.
Potato head with turkey. Cooking method
- First of all, you should prepare the filling. To do this, finely chop the peeled onion.
- After that, the turkey fillet must be cut into small pieces.
- Next, you should mix the meat with onions, salt and pepper it.
- Now you need to start preparing the vegetable dough. To do this, the potato tubers need to be washed, peeled and chopped thoroughly.
- Then they should be lightly squeezed and mixed with egg, flour and salt.
- After that, you need to combine the potato dough and filling.
- Now the resulting mixture should be poured onto a baking sheet greased with olive or sunflower oil.
- Then the sheet must be placed in an oven preheated to 180 degrees Celsius and baked for an hour.
So the dietary potato grandmother is ready. Even a novice housewife can easily master the recipe for its preparation.
Potato grandma with beans. Ingredients
This is a very unusual way of preparing food. You will need canned beans for it. With it, the potato granny in the oven acquires a spicy taste.
- red beans in their own juice - 1 can;
- minced lamb - 200 grams;
- onion - 1 piece;
- garlic - 3 cloves;
- potatoes - 5 tubers;
- wheat flour - 2 tablespoons;
- dried marjoram, pepper, salt, vegetable oil - to taste.
Method of preparation
- First of all, you need to fry the chopped onions in a pan.
- Next, you need to add minced meat and garlic to it. Then sprinkle the mixture with pepper and salt and mix everything well.
- After that, you need to remove the beans from the jar. In this case, the juice should be drained. Then add the beans to the skillet with meat and onions and fry for a few more minutes. After that, the resulting mass must be cooled.
- Now you need to peel, wash and grate the potato tubers. They must be combined with the cooled mixture in a frying pan. Then you should add flour to the products and knead the potato mass, which in consistency resembles the dough for making pancakes.
- Next, the mixture must be placed in a greased baking dish and placed in the oven. The dish must be cooked for one hour at a temperature of 190 degrees Celsius.
Potato grandma is especially good with sauerkraut and sour cream. The recipe for this delicious dish will come in handy for any chef.
This article describes how potato grandma is cooked in the oven. Cooking recipes involve other baking methods. The grandmother turns out great in a multicooker. In the oven, it is better to cook it in a cast iron or clay pots. You can endlessly improvise about creating a dish, because potatoes are harmoniously combined with a huge number of products. Therefore, each housewife is offered a lot of room for creativity. Treat yourself and your household with a traditional dish from Belarus. The inhabitants of this country know a lot about cooking potatoes better than others. Bon Appetit!