In the old recipe for okroshka, there is no sausage, but only good red meat - beef and veal, boiled tongue, fried hazel grouse. There are no potatoes either - but why do you need it if the dish is already quite satisfying!
The dressing is also special - spicy, sharp, thanks to which the summer soup so refreshingly invigorates, tingles the taste buds.
If you want to cook lean okroshka according to an old recipe, replace meat products with boiled white mushrooms. Camelina and mushrooms are also suitable.
Even in such okroshka, our ancestors put a soaked apple, green beans and baked beets.
But we have found for you a historical recipe for meat okroshka, let's cook and treat ourselves.
Required products for 5-6 servings:
- boiled beef - 350 gr;
- fried veal - 200 gr;
- boiled tongue (both beef and pork are suitable) - 200 gr;
- fried hazel grouse (can be replaced with partridge, chicken, guinea fowl) - 350 gr;
- okroshechny kvass - 1,7 l;
- chicken egg - 5 pcs;
- fresh cucumber - 5 pcs;
- green onions and parsley - 0,5 bunch each;
- tarragon or mint - to taste;
- sour cream - 230-250 gr;
- horseradish and mustard (ready-made spices) - to taste;
- salt and sugar taste too.
How to cook okroshka - recipe
1. Cut all the meat components of okroshka into equally small cubes: boiled beef, fried veal, hazel grouse or chicken, boiled tongue.
2. Put the eggs in a saucepan and boil over high heat. Let them soak in ice water to cool, then peel and chop just like meat products.
3. Further, according to the recipe okroshka, cut the cucumbers - and also into cubes. Rinse bunches and twigs of greenery. Shake off the moisture well, chop with a knife, put tarragon or mint separately.
4. Prepare the dressing: pour the sour cream into a bowl, send mustard, horseradish, salt and sugar, chopped mint or tarragon there. To stir thoroughly.
5. Combine all products for okroshka that you have prepared in an enamel saucepan. Pour the dressing there and stir. Pour okroshka with ice-cold kvass - then over plates for eaters. Bon appetit, everyone!