Use fresh cherries to make a delicious spicy sauce. It is extraordinarily good with kebabs, chicken and, in general, any meat cooked not only on coals. You can vary the composition of spices and seasonings to your taste. But cinnamon and allspice will be required. The sauce contains red wine. Also - depending on taste - you can take any: from dry to semi-sweet.
What you need for the cherry sauce:
- 250 g fresh pitted cherries (remove them in advance);
- 2 Art. liter. sugar;
- 4-5 peas of allspice;
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 2 carnations (in buds);
- 2 star anise stars;
- 2 boxes of cardamom;
- 1/2 tsp fresh, finely grated ginger (root);
- 1-2 pinches of nutmeg, grated or ground;
- 4 tbsp. l. red wine;
- 1 tsp corn starch or 1/2 tsp. potato;
- salt to taste.
How to cook cherry sauce for meat
1. Combine sugar and spices in one bowl and mix with a spatula. We spread cherries in a spicy mixture, already pitted.
2. Put on a small fire and heat until the juice is released. Then we turn on the heat and wait for the boil, set it aside right there. We take out with a spoon with holes cardamom boxes, cloves, a cinnamon stick, star anise stars. Turn the rest into cherry puree with a blender.
3. We take a clean bowl and dilute the starch in red wine in it so that there are no lumps. Stir the berry puree, add a starchy-wine consistency into it and put it on the fire again, heat it to foam, remove it.
4. As soon as the mass boils, add salt, stir - and the sauce is ready!
5. We store it in a glass container (in a jar) under a plastic or nylon lid, but not for long - no more than 12 days. Usually such delicious cherry sauce for meat is eaten much faster. Bon Appetit!