The Thick Hot Chowder is a real cozy home-cooked meal - invigorating, full-bodied and delicious, and easier to make than most mashed soups.
Ingredients for Creamy Chowder:
- 2 Art. spoons of butter;
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk, finely chopped
- 5 1/2 cups chicken broth;
- 200 grams of frozen corn;
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 1/2 - 3/4 teaspoon of salt, to taste;
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons of flour;
- Black pepper to taste;
- Fresh dill or parsley for garnish;
Cooking Corn Chowder:
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan.
- Add onion and celery.
- Cover the saucepan with a loose lid and cook the vegetables over medium heat for 9-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken stock, corn, potatoes and salt and bring mixture to a boil
- Reduce heat, cover pot, and simmer for 7 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream and flour.
- Pour the mixture into the soup and pepper.
- Bring the soup to a boil again, reduce heat and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Serve the chowder sprinkled with dill or parsley.